With the vernal equinox less then a week away, more North Fork farms, markets and shops are springing to life and getting ready to open.
• Already open for the season is Riverhead’s Briermere Farms, a must-stop for home-baked pies, as well as cakes, jams and jellies.
The farm stand opened back on March 4 and is already baking signature fruit pies, as well as crème pies. They are open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week.
Briermere is located at 4414 Sound Avenue in Riverhead.
• Bayview Market & Farms in Aquebogue will reopen on Saturday, March 19.
Bayview specializes in fresh vegetables grown on the Reeve family’s 200-acre farm, as well as specialty items like locally made pies, jams, jellies, sauces and marinades.
Bayview Market & Farms is located at 891 Main Road in Aquebogue.
• Catapano Dairy Farm in Peconic is also scheduled to reopen on Saturday, March 19.
Renowned for its artisanal cheeses, including fresh goat cheese and aged goat and sheep cheeses, the farm will open on weekdays in April.
Catapano Dairy Farm is located at 33705 Route 48 in Peconic.
• North Fork Table and Inn‘s acclaimed food truck will hit the pavement beginning on April 1.
The restaurant said expect to see old favorites as well as some new additions to the menu. Situated in the restaurant’s parking lot, the food truck will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
The North Fork Table and Inn is located at 57225 Main Road in Southold.
• Hallock’s Cider Mill is scheduled to reopen on April 14, according to a sign posted in the farm stand’s parking lot.
It reads “I’m so excited, I wet my plants!”
Hallock’s Cider Mill is located at 1960 Main Road in Laurel.