Fall on the North Fork is my favorite time of year. It’s harvest season in the vineyards, the tomatoes and corn are still excellent and the weather is perfect for grilling or enjoying a farm-to-table meal inside.
With the expansion of Southold’s touchGoods into neighboring Complement the Chef, owner Norine Pennacchia initially planned to expand her furniture and decor selections but quickly learned from the community that they loved having a local shop for all their day-to-day kitchen tools.
Pennacchia kept the west side of the shop for all things kitchen.
1) prepara Pinch Bowls, $10 Small prep bowls are key to keeping your ingredients organized when cooking. These melamine bowls from prepara also serve as measuring cups.
2) Cutchboards Cheese board with slicer, $95 Handmade in Cutchogue with a variety of natural hardwoods, these colorful boards are perfect for local cheeses at your next soirée.
3) Vintage-inspired Cake Stand, $33 Everyone has their favorite local pie and now you have a beautiful stand to display them on. The beaded detail and variety of vibrant colors adds just the right touch of fun for dessert.
4) Fredericks & Mae Chopping Block, $40 Every home chef needs a great cutting board. Whether slicing fruit or prepping dinner, this multicolor, food-safe plastic cutting board adds flair to every kitchen.
5) Handmade Runner, $67 This runner, handmade in France, brings Provence vibes to your North Fork kitchen. Machine washable and 100% cotton means you can enjoy the meal without worrying about spills.
6) Emile Henry Storage Bowl, $160 This two-layer bowl acts both as storage and display. The ceramic bottom is the perfect breathable section for storing root veggies like garlic and shallots with the natural cork top designed for serving fruit.
7) Emile Henry Mortar and Pestle, $50 Take that basil from your herb garden and make it into pesto with this beautiful ceramic, stain-resistant mortar with beechwood pestle.
8) Vintage Kilim Coasters, $8 each
Use in your own home or as a unique hostess gift. Made from vintage kilims, no two coasters are alike and the leather backing means they’ll protect your furniture as well.
9) Marshmallow Roasting Skewer, $19 for 8
Extendable metal and plastic skewer for making your family’s favorite dessert. Helps keep hands clean and bellies full.