Hallockville Museum Farm in Riverhead is a living monument to the North Fork’s farming history.
The original homestead was founded by Ruben Brown and dates back to before the American Revolutionary War, but was purchased by Ezra Hallock sometime after the war.
According to the museum’s website, “The Museum gains its name of Hallockville from the Puritan tradition of carving out a piece of the family farm for male heirs of marrying age. By the latter part of the 1800’s many of the houses along Sound Avenue belonged to descendants of Capt. Zachariah Hallock causing locals to refer to the area as “Hallockville.”
The farm offers self-guided walking tours from noon to 4 p.m. on weekends. Entry into selected Hallockville buildings is by guided tour only (call (631) 298-5292 for more info) . Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for children.
Hallockville Museum Farm is located at 6038 Sound Ave., Riverhead.
Spend a minute there with us.