Here are the seven most-read stories this week on northforker.com. To keep up with food, wine, real estate and lifestyle news on the North Fork, like us on Facebook, check out our Instagram page (@The_Northforker) and follow @northforker1 on Twitter.
7. Looking for something different to eat on the North Fork? Shadees Jamaican takeout in Riverhead is our weekly lunch pick.
6. Grace & Grit Caterers will be taking up a barbecue residency at McCall Vineyards on Saturdays this fall.
5. Here’s a spot for you and your 12 favorite horses. This week’s North Fork Dream Home is an equestrian paradise in Calverton.
4. Know someone who needs to get out of the city for a day? Here are four East End day trips from Long Island Rail Road.
3. Learn a little bit about the October hawk migration with our North Fork Outdoors columnist, Chris Paparo.
2. Award-winning wine and tasty Neopolitan-style pizza in Mattituck. Macari Vineyards rolled out its own pizza truck, Avelino.
1. That’s one way to do happy hour. This Peconic Bay oyster farm is now offering sunset cruises with ‘bottomless’ oysters. Yum!