When we first heard Riverhead was about to launch its own version of Patchogue’s Alive After 5 we nearly jumped through the ceiling with excitement. Among the coolest events in any Long Island village, the Patchogue summer street festival series has long been a northforker favorite.
Now the awesomeness is definitely headed our way and details have emerged. Here are five things you should know about the summer series:
- It has a name. The Downtown Riverhead Business Improvement District Management Association, which is sponsoring the event, will call it Alive on 25. And if it’s anything like Patchogue’s series, which draws 25,000 people to the village, Main Street will be alive.
- It will take place on the Thursdays Patchogue is not hosting Alive After 5. This way you can come alive like Frampton every Thursday night in July and August.
- That’s right, it’s also happening on Thursdays. The first Alive on 25 will be held July 14, one week after Alive After Five returns to Patchogue. The Riverhead event continues July 28, Aug. 11 and Aug. 25.
- It will run from 5 to 9:30 p.m.The BIDMA is planning to shut down Main Street from Griffing Avenue to Union Avenue and road closures will start around 4:30 p.m.
- The event will feature street vendors and live music, but a schedule has not yet been set. Alcohol will be served in beer gardens and attendees will be asked to not walk around downtown with their alcoholic beverages. More details here.