Spirit’s Promise Equine Rescue have announced they will be participating in #GivingTuesdayNow on Tuesday, May 5.
#GivingTuesdayNow is a global day of giving and unity that will take place on Tuesday, May 5 2020 – in addition to the regularly scheduled December 1, 2020 #GivingTuesdayNow. The national campaign was launched as an emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19. (https://now.givingtuesday.org/)
In honor of #GivingTuesdayNow, Spirit’s Promise Rescue will be launching their “Hay for Horses Mobile Food Pantry” as part of their Equine For All Initiative on Tuesday, May 5 from 12pm to 3pm at Tanger Outlets Riverhead.
All private horse owners & horse organizations on Long Island experiencing hardship due to COVID-19 may book a time online to pick up free hay and appointments can be made by visiting www.spiritspromiserescue.org/giving-tuesday.
In addition to the “Hay for Horses Mobile Food Pantry” they will also be featuring “10 Acts of Kindness” social media campaign for 1 day on Tuesday, May 5. The “10 Acts of Kindness” will encourage followers to spread kindness, spend time with family, get active and creative by sharing different ideas. The “10 Acts of Kindness” will be as follows:
Tuesday, May 5th 2020
- Support Local & Shop Local – Support your local business community by ordering curbside pickup or order online from your favorite local store!
- Start a Home Garden – Need help getting started? Stop by our farm for free “ Manure Festivizer” from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Online reservation required to ensure proper social distancing mandates)
- Play Together & Laugh Together – Host a family game night with traditional games like Uno or Mario Kart on your Nintendo Switch.
- Stay Active Together – Join our Virtual Country Line Dancing with Deanna on Facebook Live from 7:30 to 9 p.m. www.spiritspromiserescue.org/giving-tuesday
- Explore Together: (Seniors Only) Meet the “senior” animal residents of Spirit’s Promise for a close virtual tour for seniors from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Be Creative Together: Build the barn of your dreams using supplies from home and inspire us by sharing online.
- Creative Art – Print out our special Spirit’s Promise coloring page from our website
- Show Your Gratitude – Say “Thank You” and say it a lot.
- Feed the Frontline Together: Spirit’s Promise and our volunteers will be purchasing meals from local restaurants such as A Mano and Love Lane Kitchen to donate to Peconic Bay Medical Center Northwell Health essential staff. Please enjoy a family style meal from all of us.
- Hay for Horses Mobile Food Pantry @ Tanger Outlets Riverhead 12pm – 3pm (Online reservation required to ensure proper social distancing mandates)
For further information on Spirit’s Promise Equine Rescue, please visit www.spiritspromiserescue.org.