It’s the height of summer and the days are long and HOT.
This recipe is inspired by the idea of not spending time in the kitchen and instead preparing something refreshingly simple and delicious. It starts at our local seafood market, Braun’s Seafood. Select two fresh lobsters to steam and don’t forget to also pick up their Chipotle Lime Mayo — it’s what gives these Lobster BLT sandwiches a spicy kick.
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of cooking your own lobster. I am telling you, this can be fun and easy.
Lobster is the star of summers on the North Fork and this reimagined version of a BLT keeps our love affair with lobster easy and casual. Of course, there’s room to highlight the harvest from your now bountiful garden: tomatoes, basil, and greens can easily make their way to this artfully designed board.
Lobster BLT Board
- 2 fresh 1 1/2 pound lobsters
- 4 heirloom tomatoes; variety of colors
- 8 mini brioche slider buns
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 8-10 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/2 head butter lettuce or gem lettuce, wash and separate leaves
- Braun's Chipotle Lime Mayo
- Maldon sea salt