READY, SET, CELEBRATE!
Trips to the farm stand and farmers markets are now focused on what to make for that Memorial Day weekend BBQ — and we have a perfect recipe here.
What I love most about our North Fork farm stands is that they are so thoughtfully curated with local items that complement the beautiful produce. One of the best examples is Catapano Dairy Farm, where they make award-winning goat cheese. You can look for it in the fridge of your favorite farm stand, or you can visit their charming little shop with the cute goats in Peconic.
This pasta salad is a delicious accompaniment to the Memorial Day grill lineup — seasonal flavors of local asparagus, shallots and fresh herbs topped with tangy Catapano goat cheese. By now you can usually leave the farm stand with armfuls of asparagus, alliums, beets, carrots, greens and peas — any of which you can choose to feature in this recipe.
Head outside with a plate full of pasta, feel the warm, almost-summer air and watch the sunset. It’s the ideal North Fork night. Who’s ready?
Farmers Market Pasta Salad with Crumbled Catapano Goat Cheese
- 1 box Sfoglini brand trumpet pasta (or a short pasta of your choice)
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 bunch baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for sautéing
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Champagne vineagr
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 oz. container crumbled Catapano goat cheese
- 1 cup roasted golden beets