The start of a new year is undeniably a time when people look to focus on their health. And getting back in shape is about more than just joining a local gym. You have to eat right, too. So we reached out to some of our favorite local food spots for recipes that aren’t just healthy, but also fun.
“This simple salad that takes no more than ten minutes to make and it is filling and a wonderful energy booster. You can top it with any protein, and it pairs perfectly. Simply cut up the lettuce and tomatoes, shred up the organic pre-cooked beets and organic carrots, scoop in some organic guacamole, and dress with olive oil and granulated garlic. It stores nicely for the next day as well, when undressed. Delicious and easy,” said Giannaris.
Click here for the complete instruction video from Giannaris’ YouTube channel, AwareHouseChef.
Simple Organic Salad
- 2 stalks organic romaine lettuce
- About 20 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large organic carrots, grated
- 2-3 large organic pre-cooked beets, chopped
- 2 packets organic guacamole (or make your own)
- 1/2 tsp. organic granulated garlic
- 2-3 Tbsp. organic Greek olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. organic fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine Celtic sea salt
Mix the salad by hand and give it a little squeeze as you mix, which releases the tomato juices into the salad, enhancing the dressing.