Colorful, sweet and with a touch of local spice, these carrots are a beautiful addition to the holiday table. The recipe works perfectly with local squash and parsnips as well, so you can use whatever is readily available the farm stand. The cHarissa is a mild Moroccan spice blend that adds depth and flavor to your favorite recipes, made here in Cutchogue (visit charissaspice.com for local retail stores).
Deep Roots Farm Maple Roasted Rainbow Carrots with cHarissa
Serves: 6-8 people
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. cHarissa spice (use the hot version for an extra kick)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds local rainbow carrots, scrubbed and washed with tops trimmed to about 1 inch. Pat dry.
- Fresh lemon zest for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Whisk together garlic, olive oil, maple syrup, cHarissa, salt & pepper. Toss cleaned carrots with the mixture and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are tender, 30–40 minutes. Arrange in serving platter and garnish with lemon zest for a burst of citrus flavor. Can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.