These greens are dressed with our favorite holiday things — figs and cheese. The saltiness of the pecorino cheese and sweetness of the figs complement each other in this soon-to-be holiday table staple.
Sang Lee Farms Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad with Pecorino, Dried Figs, Honey Glazed Hazelnuts and White Balsamic
Serves: 4-6 people
Active/Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup honey glazed hazelnuts (see recipe below)
- 1/2 cup dried figs, quartered (or 6-8 fresh figs quartered)
- 4 Tbsp. finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. white balsamic glaze, plus more for finishing drizzle
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. finely ground black pepper
Using a mandoline slicer or food processor, thinly slice/shave the Brussels sprouts into a medium bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, white balsamic, salt and pepper. Add the dressing mixture, pecorino cheese and the thinly sliced shallots to the Brussels sprouts. Toss to combine. Add the figs and top with the honey-glazed hazelnuts. Drizzle with additional white balsamic glaze and serve.
- 2 cups whole hazelnuts (skin removed)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. honey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Drizzle with the honey. Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Remove from heat, loosen hazelnuts with a spatula and then let stand at room temperate until cooled. Store in an airtight container.