It’s easy to feel like you’re on a faraway vacation when you’re sipping a cocktail and staring out at the water.
And although the coronavirus has kept many people local this summer, aka “staycationing,” we’re lucky there are many great spots to imbibe by the sea.
From fine-dining experiences to casual dockside bars, here is a list of places offering waterside drinks across the North Fork and our favorite cocktail picks at each location.
LOWTIDE BEACH BAR AT SOUND VIEW GREENPORT
58775 County Road 48, Greenport | 631-477-1910
- Drink pick: Radio Flyer – Monkey Shoulder scotch, Aperol, watermelon, lime, habanero.
2530 Manhanset Ave., Greenport | 631-477-8300
- Drink pick: Crabby Mary – Billy’s Bloody Mary with a fried soft-shelled crab, tartar sauce and lemon.
111 Main St., Greenport | 631-477-0627
- Drink pick: Claudio’s Colada – Malibu coconut rum, Giffard Banana, grenadine, pineapple and orange juice, coconut purée.
104 3rd St., Greenport | 631-333-2501
- Drink pick: Ruby Red Spicy Margarita – Jalapeño-infused tequila, fresh lime, ruby red grapefruit, triple sec, salt.
451 East Main St., Riverhead | 631-574-8103
- Drink pick: Mudslide – Premium ice cream, vanilla vodka, Irish cream, Kahlua, chocolate syrup, topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
65 E. Main St., Riverhead | 631-740-9494
- Drink pick: “Quarantini” – Rum punch.
177 Meeting House Creek Road, Aquebogue | 631-866-1160
- Drink pick: Cucumber Smash – Hendrick’s gin, St. Germain elderflower, fresh lime, muddled cucumber, splash of soda.
62300 Main Road, Southold | 631-876-5300
- Drink pick: Sangria Boozie Bag – Whiskey, cinnamon-orange syrup, peach liquor, lemon juice, orange, lime, Merlot floater.
2255 Wickham Ave., Mattituck | 631-315-5252
- Drink pick: Frozen watermelon margarita.
1410 Manhanset Ave., Greenport | 631-477-1515
- Drink pick: Bello Spritz – vodka, cardamom syrup, lemon, sparkling rosé.
400 Old Main Road, Southold | 631-765-6373
- Drink pick: Blackberry Bourbon