Here are the eight most-read posts this week on northforker.com. To keep up with food, wine, real estate and lifestyle news on the North Fork, like us on Facebook, check out our Instagram page (@The_Northforker) and follow @northforker1 on Twitter.
8. Here is some very important info. These are the best spots to ski, skate and sled on the North Fork.
7. A poem celebrating Orient was featured in The New Yorker. It was even mentioned Orient Country Store owners Miriam Foster and Grayson Murphy!
6. Looking for a North Fork dream home? Check out this stunning contemporary in Mattituck.
5. The incredible Lucy Senesac is The Suffolk Times’ Businessperson of the Year. We highlight all the great work she does here.
4. And Gene Casey and the Lone Sharks are northforker’s People of the Year.
3. The Pitted Olive in Jamesport has closed.
2. Looking for a place to get cozy? We know 8 spots on the North Fork good for snuggling and warmth.
1. Jason Damianos, owner of Jason’s Vineyard in Jamesport, died following a car crash in Riverhead late last year. He was 49.