Indulge in the bounty of our bays during Shellabration, the annual Greenport restaurant walk that benefits Cornell Cooperative Extension’s marine programs.
The two-day festival is set for Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 3-4. Restaurants will offer participants $5 small shellfish plates paired with $3 sips of Long Island wine or beer (and in one case, sake).
Wristbands are $25. Also included in that price is a glass of Harbor Ale from Greenport Harbor Brewing Co. and a sampler platter of clams and oysters from the Southold Project in Aquaculture Training (SPAT), a Cornell Cooperative Extension program that encourages locals to grow shellfish.
Wristband proceeds will directly benefit Cornell’s Back to the Bays Initiative as well as the SPAT program.
In addition, local stores like Blue Ruth and Clarke’s Garden Center will offer discounts to anyone wearing a wristband. For tickets, visit shellabration.li or purchase them the day of the event at Greenport Harbor Brewing Co. or Little Creek Market.
“We sold out last year so we highly recommend people reserve them online,” said event organizer and Cornell outreach coordinator Kimberley Barbour.
Northforker is a proud sponsor of this event.
The following restaurants will pair with North Fork wineries and local breweries.
• Paumanok Vineyards at 1943 Pizza Bar
• Paumanok Vineyards at Little Creek Oyster Farm and Market
• Lieb Cellars and Greenport Harbor Brewing Co. at American Beech
• St. James Brewery at North Fork Smoked Fish Co.
• McCall Wines at Basso
• Osprey’s Dominion and Twin Fork Beer Co. at Deep Water Bar and Grille
• Macari Vineyards at First and South
• Greenport Harbor Brewing Co. at Industry Standard
• Surrey Lane Vineyards at Bruce’s Cheese Emporium & Cafe
• Sparkling Pointe at The Frisky Oyster
• Shinn Estate Vineyards at Salamanders on Front Street
• Castello di Borghese at Noah’s
• Raphael at Cuvée Seafood & Grille
• Surrey Lane Vineyards at Front Street Station
• Shinn Estate Vineyards at Scrimshaw
• Moustache Brewing Co. at Lucharitos
• Sake at Stirling Sake