It’s time to start thinking about how your little North Forkers are going to spend their time off from school.
The following is a partial list of summer camps. Please call or check websites for detailed information on camp activities, schedules and fees.
If we forgot any, be sure to tell us in the comment section.
CAMPS & PROGRAMS
Alternatives for Children
1116 Main Road, Aquebogue
For information, call (631) 722-2170 or alternativesforchildren.org
• Programs for children with special needs.
Bishop McGann-Mercy High School
1225 Ostrander Ave., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 727-5900, ext. 341, or mcgann-mercy.org
• Two weeks of travel activities for your child
• Sample itineraries include trips to the Long Island Game Farm and Harbes Family Farm
• Programs available for grades K through 8.
408 North Side Road, Wading River
For information, call (631) 929-4325 or campdewolfe.org
A residential Christian camp on Long Island Sound sponsored by the Episcopal Diocese of Long Island.
• A day camp and sleep-away camps for ages 7-17.
The North Fork Early Learning Center
470 Franklinville Road, Laurel
Sponsored by Family Service League
For information, call (631) 298-9573 or fsl-li.org
• Summer camp, ages 6-12, and pre-school camp, ages 2-5.
5925 Route 25A, Wading River
For information call (631) 929-4800
• Weekly field trips, water play, sports an more
• Mini camp for ages 3 to 5
• Hosted by Kiddie Academy of Wading River
Peconic Water Sports
Greenport and Shelter Island
For information, 680-0111 or peconicwatersports.com
• Water sports camp for ages 6-15, offering a variety of water sports including wakeboarding, water skiing, wake surfing and tubing.
• Fishing camp, ages 6-15.
99 Shore Road, Shelter Island
For information, (631) 749-3403 or quinipet.org
Founded on the values that Jesus teaches.
• Day and overnight programs.
• Swimming, arts and crafts, nature experiences, team building and music.
Raynor Country Day School
170 Montauk Hwy, Speonk
For information, call (631) 288-4658 or raynorcountrydayschool.org
• Activities range from athletics, water sports, musical theatre, and all aspects of the arts.
Riverhead Country Day School
Stotzky Park, 165 Columbus Ave., Riverhead
For information, call 727-3737
Safari Adventure & Gymnation
1074 Pulaski St., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 727-4386 or thesafariadventure.com, gymnation-ny.com
• Ages 5 and up. Gymnation and Safari are teaming up, offering morning gymnastics, afternoon playing, climbing, bouncing, sliding, arcade games and crafts.
The camps are located on Long Island Sound and sponsored by the Cornell Cooperative Extension.
Dorothy P. Flint 4H Camp
3186 Sound Ave., Riverhead
For information, call (516) 433-7970, ext. 11, or ccenassau.org
• Grades 4-10.
• Mini=camp overnights available for first-time campers.
• Equestrian program, outdoor activities, sports, water activities and a farm and horticulture program.
Peconic Dunes 4H Camp
6375 Soundview Ave., Southold
For information, call 852-8629 or ccesuffolk.org/peconic-dunes-4-h-camp
• Ages 6-15. Overnight and day programs.
• Trekking, garden and environmental/marine science, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, archery, basketball, soccer, softball, swimming, campfires.
THE ARTS, PERFORMING ARTS & DANCE PROGRAMS
East End Arts Summer Camps
133 East Main St., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 369-2171 or eastendarts.org
• One- or two-week camps offering a broad range of artistic and creative experiences.
• Renaissance Kid Camp, ages 5-8. Off to Outer Space!
• Renaissance Arts Camps, ages 9-14. Immerse yourself in your passion.
Inspire Dance Center
43375 Route 48, Southold
For information, call (781) 760-7563 or inspiredancecentre.org
• Monday, July 20, to Thursday, Aug. 14. Princess Camp, Frozen Dance Camp and Hip Hop Week.
Lyrical Children’s Pre-School & Learning Center
4492 Middle Country Road, Calverton
For information, call (631) 208-4003 or lyricalchildren.com
• Five summer camp programs for children up to age 8.
MainStage Dance Academy
74365 Main Road, Greenport, NY
For information, call (631) 477-1380 or mainstagedanceacademy.com
Ellen Nora’s Art Camp
965 Second St., New Suffolk
For information, call (631) 506-8902 or email [email protected]
• Ages 6-13. Art, animation and cooking.
North Fork Academy of Dance
32845 Main Road, Cutchogue
For information, call (631) 708-5518 or nfadance.com
• All ages. A variety of dance classes offered.
705 East Main St., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 727-3998 or redancers.com
• All ages. A variety of dance classes offered.
Old Town Arts & Crafts Guild Classes
28265 Main Road, Cutchogue
For information, call 734-6382 or oldtownartsguild.org
Class size is limited, reservations required.
• July and August. Free arts and crafts classes, ages 7-12.
Peconic Ballet Theater
71 East Main St., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 591-1539 or peconicballettheatre.com
• Summer Intensive programs.
The Perlman Music Program
73 Shore Road, Shelter Island
For information, call (212) 877-5045 or perlmanmusicprogram.org
• An intensive seven-week program for exceptionally gifted students of the violin, viola, cello and bass, ages 12 to 18.
Spotlight Theatre Group
Performances held at Vail-Leavitt Music Hall
18 Peconic Ave., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 653-2121 or spotlighteastend.com
• Broadway Boot Camp: Rodgers and Hammerstein. Aug. 17-21, ages 6-9 and ages 10 and up.
Main Road, Feather Hill, Southold
For information, call (443) 223-5915
• Ages 2-10. Literature, music, drama, learning and art.
Westhampton Beach Performing Arts Center
76 Main St, Westhampton Beach
For information, call (631) 288-1500 or whbpac.org
• A variety of week-long camp experiences to introduce youngsters to the arts.
EDUCATIONAL & ENVIRONMENTAL CAMPS
Group for the East End
54895 Main Road, Southold
For information, call (631) 765-6450 ext. 205 or groupfortheeastend.org
• Ages 8-13. Search for fish and crabs, hike and bike along miles of wooded and coastal trails, paddle the scenic waterways and begin to know countless local plants and animals.
Hallockville Museum Farm Summer Camp
6038 Sound Ave., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 298-5292 or hallockville.com
• Little Sprouts, ages 3-5. Caring for farm animals, fun farm chores, arts and crafts.
• Arts on the Farm, ages 6-13. Woodworking, farm chores, interactions with farm animals and nature explorations.
Long Island Aquarium and Exhibition Center
431 East Main St., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 208-9200, ext. 426, or longislandaquarium.com
• Numerous aquatic adventures summer camps for ages 2-16.
Long Island Science Center
11 West Main St., Riverhead
For information, call (631) 208-8000 or lisciencecenter.org
• Grades 1-4.
• Environment, biology and more.
47 South Ferry Road, Shelter Island
For information, nature.org/mashomack
Exploring the natural environment.
• Environmental Education Program, grades 3-7.
Monday-Friday, July 11-15 OR Monday-Friday, August, 8-12.
Registration by phone only at 749-1001. Call Wednesday, June 1, at 9 a.m. to ensure a place for your child.
Oysterponds Historical Society
Village Lane, Orient
For information, call (631) 323-2480 or oysterpondshistoricalsociety.org
• All ages
• Colonial Life Summer Camp in collaboration with Oysterponds School, July 6-31. To register and for detailed information, oysterponds.org
• Sheep to Shawl, Aug. 3-7. Learn how sheep’s wool becomes a sweater. Join in every step, from shearing the sheep to washing, dyeing and spinning the yarn.
• Field trips to Village House in collaboration with Oysterponds School, July 9 and 23.
• Crafts and activities, Aug. 8 and 22.
Sang Lee Farms Young Farmers Camp
25180 Route 48, Peconic
For information, call (631) 734-7001 or sangleefarms.com
• Experience the tastes, smells, sounds and feels of the organic farm
• Children learn how to grow their own food in an interactive way
• Runs July 13 through August 18 for kids ages 5 to 12
• Weekly sessions of a six-week program
Sea Adventure and Marine Camp
Suffolk County Marine Environmental Learning Center
3690 Cedar Beach Road, Southold
Sponsored by the Cornell Cooperative Extension of Suffolk County
For information, call (631) 852-8660 ext. 21
• Ages 6-12. Learn about marine life along the beach at Peconic Bay through fun hands-on activities. Seining, beach games, interacting with live marine animals are all part of the experience.
Shelter Island Historical Society
Havens House Museum and Barn
16 South Ferry Road, Shelter Island
For information, (631) 749-0025 or shelterislandhistorical.org
Time Travelers Youth Program
• Ages, 6-12. Monday-Friday, July 25-29
• Journey back in time to explore Shelter Island’s story through music, art, performance, crafts, gardening and games.
Sylvester Manor Summer Youth Programs
80 North Ferry Road, Shelter Island
• Young Farmers Program, ages 5-8. Farming, archaeology and history, arts, science, environmental education.
• The Imaginarium, ages 3 & 4. Explore the grounds, plant seedlings, harvest and eat fresh vegetables, play farm-themed games.
EQUESTRIAN SUMMER PROGRAMS
Blue Ribbon Farm
361 Deep Hole Road, Calverton
For information, call (631) 727-7388 or blueribbonfarms.net
3 Bowditch Road, Shelter Island
For information, call (631) 749-0156
4000 Main Road, Laurel
For information, call (631) 298-9181
Hidden Lake Farm Riding School
Country Road 48, Southold
For information, call (631) 765-9896
1150 Old Main Road, Mattituck
For information, call (631) 298-4349 or highwindfarm.com
Hillcrest Sport Horses
1219 Middle Road, Riverhead
For information, call (516) 768-5989
Hunters Creek East
Bergen Avenue, Mattituck
For information, call 875-2420 or hunterscreekeast.com
Jamesport Saddle Club
The Little Red Barn
353 Manor Lane, Jamesport
For information, (631) 566-1690 or jamesportsaddleclub.com
FITNESS & FUN
BodyRite Teens Sport Camp
1604 Main Rd., Jamesport
For more information call (631) 276-9407
• 2 week sports camp for ages 13 to 17
• Three sessions: July 11 to July 22, July 25 to August 5 and August 8 to August 19
• Camp runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Strength and agility training, learn basic weightlifting techniques and more.
Expert Martial Arts
1116 Main Road, Aquebogue
For information, call (631) 722-5554 or expertma.com
• Martial arts, field trips, and other fun-filled activities.
Flip Flop Gym Kids
46520 Route 48, Southold
For information, call (631) 765-8787 or flipflopgymkids.com
• Gymnastics for kids 1 to 5
• Uneven bars, balance beam, vault, floor exercise, rings,parallel bars, tumble track, trampoline and more.
North Fork Fun~N~Fitness
54655 Main Road, Southold
For information, call (631) 765-9118 or northforkfitness.com
• Fitness and fun classes and birthday parties.
Cedars Golf Club
305 Cases Lane Ext., Cutchogue
For information, call (631) 734-6363 or [email protected]
Gardiner’s Bay Country Club
12 Dinah Rock Road, Shelter Island Heights
For information, call (631) 749-1319 or gardinersbay.org
Island’s End Golf and Country Club
5025 Route 25, Greenport
For information, call (631) 477-0777 or islandsendgolf.com
Mattituck Yacht Club
9462 Peconic Bay Blvd., Mattituck
For information and membership details, 298-8974 or mattituckyachtclub.com
Old Cove Yacht Club
Old Harbor Road, New Suffolk
For information and membership details, oldcoveyc.com
Orient Yacht Club
2110 Village Lane, Orient
For information and membership details, (631) 323-9767 or orientyc.com
Shelter Island Yacht Club
12 Chequit Ave., Shelter Island
For information, call (631) 749-0888 or siyc.com
Southold Yacht Club
North Parish Drive, Southold
For information and membership details, (631) 765-5629 or southoldyachtclub.com
All League Baseball Camps
For information, contact Brian Hansen, 553-3940 or [email protected]
Peconic Soccer Camp
Southold High School
420 Oaklawn Ave.
For information and registration, call Thomas O’Brien at (631) 765- 1627 or Christopher O’Brien at (631) 806-1603. Camps run 6/27-7/1, 7/11-7/15 or 8/1-8/5.
Southold Basketball Camp
Southold High School
420 Oaklawn Ave.
For information and registration, contact Jeff Ellis at (631) 578-6320 or [email protected]
Youth Summer Basketball Camp
For information and registration, call Jim Christy at 298-8085 or Steve VanDood at 419- 0550 or visit basicbasketballcamps.com
TOWN & VILLAGE PROGRAMS
Greenport Village Summer Day Camp
321 Main St., Greenport
For information, call (631) 477-1133 or villageofgreenport.org
• Three groups: ages 4-6, ages 7-9 and ages 10-12.
• Field trips, swimming at the beach, arts and crafts, programs at the library, gardening and food preparation.
Town of Riverhead Summer Programs
For information, call (631) 727-5744 or riverheadrecreation.com
• All ages.
• Sports clinics, cheerleading and camps
• Horse, pony and farm animal camp.
• Teen summer recreation camp.
• Swim clinics, arts and crafts, tae kwon do, exercise classes, educational classes, dance, golf and water sports.
Town of Shelter Island Summer Programs
For information, call (631) 749-0978 or shelterislandtown.us
• All ages.
• Summer camp and clinic programs in soccer, baseball, lacrosse.
• Arts and crafts, tennis and summer nature programs.
• Exercise programs for junior and senior high school students.
Town of Southold Summer Programs
For information, call (631) 765-5182 or southoldtownny.gov
• Barnyard Camp, Story Telling and Pony Ride, and Horse, Pony and Farm Animal Camp at The Little Red Barn, Jamesport.
• Children’s Theatre, ages 8-13.
• Tai Chi and Qi Gong, ages 7-14.
• Friday morning youth program, ages 5 and older.
This guide was originally published in the summer 2016 edition of northforker Kids magazine