St. Patrick’s Day is only two weeks away and there are plenty of parades, parties, corned beef dinners and even a pub crawl to get you in the spirit this month.
Here are several North Fork events celebrating Ireland’s patron saint.
If we missed any of your favorite happenings, please tell us in the comment section below.
The March of the Leprechauns pub crawl is returning to Riverhead this weekend.
The pub crawl, which will feature deals and promotions at participating businesses, kicks off Saturday, March 5 at 1 p.m. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at participating bars and restaurants or by calling The Suffolk Theater at (631) 727-4343.
The event, now in its second year, will raise money for the Peconic Ballet Foundation and the East End Emerald Society. The latter will host the Jamesport St. Patrick’s Day parade, set for March 19 at 2 p.m.
The North Fork Chamber of Commerce will host its annual St. Patrick’s Day parade on Saturday, March 12 at 2 p.m. in Cutchogue — and the parade is in need of marchers!
Interested organizations should contact Joe Corso at (631) 734-5959 or email@example.com.
The Grand Marshal will be Monsignor Joe Staudt of Sacred Heart Parish.
The East End Emerald Society kicks off its third annual Jamesport St. Patrick’s Day parade on Saturday, March 19 at 2 p.m. The parade starts at the intersection of Washington Ave. and North Railroad Ave. in Jamesport and travels north to Jamesport Fire Department’s Manor Road headquarters.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Here are some other scheduled events
• Join Peconic Landing for Sounds of St. Patrick’s Day, a free celebration of Irish culture featuring live music, fiddlers and more on Thursday, March 10. The event, which is sponsored by Suffolk County National Bank, takes place from 8 to 10 p.m. The event is free.
Peconic Landing is located at 1500 Brecknock Road in Greenport.
• Aid to the Developmentally Disabled will host its second annual “Shamrock Shindig” on Thursday, March 10 from 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. There will be hors d’oeuvres, drinks, an Irish buffet, comedy and surprises.
Tickets are $65 for adults and $25 for children. They can be purchased by visiting addny.org.
• Saturday, March 12 the Riverhead Moose Lodge will host a St. Patrick’s Day dinner dance at 6:30 p.m. at the lodge. There will be entertainment by DJ Tommy Parris and special guest Patrick O’Neal playing bag pipes.
The cost is $20 per person in advance or $25 after March 9 and reservations are required. Call (631) 727-6667 for tickets and more info.
The Riverhead Moose Lodge is located at 51 Madison Street in Riverhead.
• The East End Lions Club will host its 62nd annual Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner on March 16 and 17 at Soundview Restaurant from noon to 8 pm.
Take out is available and a scallop dinner can be substituted for the corned beef. The cost is $20.
The Soundview Restaurant is located at 58775 Route 48 in Greenport.
• The Riverhead Lions Club will host its annual corned beef and cabbage dinner on Saturday, March 12 at 6 p.m. at Polish Hall. In addition to dinner there will be step dancers, bag pipers and a 50/50 raffle.
Adults are $22; seniors are $18; and those 10 and under are $14. Proceeds benefit scholarships and New Beginnings’ Brendan House.
For tickets, call or stop by Barth’s Pharmacy, located at 32 East Main Street in Riverhead, (631) 727-2125 or the Law Office of Peter Danowski, located at 616 Roanoke Avenue in Riverhead, (631) 727-4900.
Reservations are required as space is limited.
Polish Hall is located at 214 Marcy Avenue in Riverhead.