Here are the eight most-read stories this week on northforker.com. To keep up with food, wine, real estate and lifestyle on the North Fork, like us on Facebook and follow @northforker1 on Twitter.
1. Long Island Restaurant Week is here. These are our top five picks.
2. Imagine having your coffee on the front porch of this Orient farmhouse? It’s this week’s “North Fork Dream Home.”
3. The indoor Riverhead Farmer’s market will return to East Main Street on Nov. 14.
4. Stephan Bogardus has been named chef de cuisine at North Fork Table & Inn.
5. Photos: Poe Festival kicks off with spooky parade in Riverhead.
6. Twelve piglets were born at Goodale Farms in Aquebogue.
7. Here are a few “real” North Fork ghost stories.
8. Photos: Trick-or-treaters swarm downtown Riverhead for Edgar Allan Poe Festival
Top photo: Stephan Bogardus pictured here outside the restaurant in 2013. (Credit: Carrie Miller, file)