• An artists’ reception for Cloud 9 painters will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26, at Clovis Point Wines in Jamesport. The show, on view through Jan. 15, will feature landscapes by Joan Curran, Adelaide Amend, Dolores Castrucci, Fran Reichert, BL Moyle, Annie Dilworth, Jada Rowland and Ann McCaughey.
• Suffolk County Historical Society will hold a juried quilt competition titled “New Traditions: Contemporary Quilts.” The juried show, opening Dec. 15, will be held in conjunction with the Riverhead museum’s upcoming quilt exhibition, “More Than Warmth: Quilts of Suffolk County.” SCHS is looking for “original nonrepresentational” wall quilts that don’t feature “recognizable subject matter” and that demonstrate “personal expression and originality of design, color and techniques,” according to a press release. Length should be no more than 80 inches. Each quilt must have a 4-inch hanging sleeve on the top or back. There is no limit to the number of entries; the fee is $15 per submission.
• Call for artists: Work is sought for the seventh annual ‘10×10=100’ art show and sale to benefit North Fork Environmental Council. The show will be hosted by The South Street Gallery in Greenport, where boards of cradled birch plywood are available. Artists may submit up to three pieces in any medium. The first board is free; two additional boards may be purchased for $7 each.
The submission deadline is Nov. 24. A preview will be held Friday, Dec. 6, with the sale beginning Dec. 7. Each piece will be sold for $100, with proceeds split among the gallery, the artist and NFEC. Call 631-477-0021.
• An art auction will be part of the WPPB Harvest Costume Ball planned for Saturday, Nov. 2, at The South Street Gallery in Greenport. Works by more than 30 artists will be offered for bid in a silent auction juried by curator Arlene Bujese. The event, at which costumes ranging from masks to full period dress are encouraged, runs from 8 to 11 p.m. There will be music, light fare by Noah’s of Greenport and wine by Lieb Cellars. Tickets are $50, with proceeds going to Peconic Public Broadcasting. To buy tickets, go to 883wppb.org. For information, call 631-477-6255.
• Jazz vocalist Barbara Rosene will give a benefit performance for Vail-Leavitt Music Hall in Riverhead at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 25. Proceeds will support the historic theater. Ms. Rosene has performed with the Harry James Orchestra, Les Paul, Vince Giordano’s Nighthawks and Woody Allen’s band. Her program will feature songs from her Grammy-nominated CD “Nice & Naughty.” The singer will be joined by pianist/ musical director Conal Fowkes; Andy Stein on violin and baritone saxophone; saxophonist Mike Hashim; Chris Jones on string bass; and Sunnyland Jazz Band leader Bob Barta on banjo and guitar.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 at the door. VIP tickets, at $45, include a pre-show buffet, early admission and select seating. Advance and VIP tickets may be bought through vailleavitt.org.