Mussels are as good a Fourth of July appetizer as any you’ll get at holiday BBQs.
Long Ireland Celtic Ale Steamed Mussels
12 oz. mussels
2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 tbs. chopped fresh garlic
1 tbs. butter
1 tbs. vegetable oil
8 oz. Long Ireland Celtic Ale
1. Heat butter and oil in a 10″ sauté pan until butter melts (medium heat).
2. Add garlic, parsley, and thyme and sauté for one minute.
3. Turn burner to high heat.
4. Add mussels and toss in pan to coat the mussels.
5. Immediately add Celtic Ale beer and cover sauté pan until mussels are open about 3-5 minutes.
6. Place in bowl and enjoy with a cold Celtic Ale.