Ready. Set. Swim! All six Southold Town beaches will officially open to the public on Saturday, June 22.
Resident parking permits can be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office for $10 per vehicle.
Daily parking permits for non-residents for $25 per vehicle.
These permits may be purchased at the Town Clerk’s Office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Permits may also be purchase at Town Beach, Norman E. Klipp Park, or New Suffolk Beach from beach attendants from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
These permits are only valid at the town beaches that also sell them.
All six Southold Town beaches will have certified lifeguards on scene on duty.
- New Suffolk Beach is located on Jackson Street in New Suffolk. The beach is steps away from Legends Restaurant and features a boat ramp, lifeguards and restrooms.
- Town Beach is located on Route 48 in Southold, overlooking the sound. Facilities include a playground, picnic area and a beach wheelchair for disabled patrons, lifeguards and restrooms.
- Norman E. Klipp Park is located on Manhanset Avenue in Greenport and is also known as Gull Pond Beach. The beach overlooks Shelter Island and features a playground and boat ramp.
- Goose Creek beach is located on North Bayview Road in Southold, overlooking Southold Bay. The beach has a playground, lifeguards and restrooms.
- Kenny’s Beach is located at the end of Kenney’s Road in Southold. The beach is in walking distance to Cliff’s Elbow Room East restaurant. Overlooking the sound the facility has lifeguards and restrooms.
- McCabe’s Beach is located one-half mile east of Kenney’s Beach, on North Sea Drive in Southold. The beach overlooks the sound and has lifeguards and restrooms.
Photos by Katharine Schroeder