• The official Southold Town Memorial Day parade, hosted this year by the Village of Greenport, will start at 10 a.m. with a ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park at First and Main streets. The parade will then proceed along Main and Front streets and end at the Third Street firehouse.
• Orient Fire Department’s annual Memorial Day parade will start at 7:30 a.m. The parade will step off at the firehouse at 23300 Main Road. The route will run along Tabor Road to Orchard Street, then Navy Street, Village Lane, Main Road and back to the firehouse.
• A Greenport Memorial Day dockside service is scheduled for 8 a.m. Attendees and organizers are asked to meet in the Adams Street parking lot behind the Arcade at 7:45 a.m. Marchers will then head to the dock by the railroad station. Refreshments will follow at the Third Street firehouse.
• Mattituck Fire Department will conduct a wreath-laying ceremony at the war memorial at Pike Street and Wickham Avenue at 8 a.m. That event will be followed by a parade through the Love Lane business area, ending at the firehouse.
• Riverhead’s annual combined veterans parade begins at the corner of Pulaski Street and Osborn Avenue at 10 a.m. It will proceed down Main Street and return to its starting location for a ceremony at the World War II memorial in front of Pulaski Street School at 11 a.m.
• Calverton National Cemetery , 210 Princeton Blvd. in Calverton, will hold its annual Memorial Day observances at 1 p.m. in the assembly area at the cemetery.
Photo caption: A parade goer at last year’s Southold Town Memorial Day event. Photo by Katharine Schroeder.