Here are the seven most-read stories this week on northforker.com. To keep up with food, wine, real estate and lifestyle news on the North Fork, like us on Facebook, check out our Instagram page (@The_Northforker) and follow @northforker1 on Twitter.
7. Goldberg’s Bagels is now open in Greenport.
6. Now is the time to catch bluefish and blue claws on the East End. Just ask our resident outdoor columnist Chris Paparo.
5. Martha Clara Vineyards in Riverhead has headed in a new direction. Our Lenn Thompson talks about the changes with Martha Clara winemaker and general manager Juan Micieli-Martiniz in his latest Uncork the Forks column.
4. The crowds at Lavender By the Bay in East Marion caught the attention of the Wall Street Journal and were the subject of a page one story this week.
3. Russell Holmes, 44, of Mattituck is poised to star alongside Richard Rawlings as co-host on “Garage Rehab,” which will air the first of its 10 episodes on Discovery at the end of the month. We caught up with Holmes to talk about the show and the audition process.
2. There are 31 days in August. Here is a North Fork activity for each one of them.
1. Salt therapy and all its purported benefits are coming to Riverhead. Say hello to Peconic River Salt.